The Cape Verdean – Medical Alliance (CV-AMA) is dedicated to the advancement of Medicine in the Cape Verdean community through advocacy, education, research and service.
The goals of CV-AMA
- Provide human, material and financial support to Cape Verdean health agencies.
- Create partnerships with civil, medical and community organizations in the United States and the Cape Verde Islands as well as promote medical exchange programs between these organizations.
- Encourage and promote the pursuit of Medicine and Health Professions in the Cape Verdean – American community.
1. Diabetes Project
- Done in collaboration with the Univ. of CT School of Medicine IMPAX organization.
- Donated glucose meters and strips to the hospital and clinics in S. Nicolau
- Cape Verde Women’s Association of Waterbury
- Univ. of CT School of Medicine IMPAX
2. Kinder Smile Project:
- Conducted dental care workshops in kindergarten classes in S. Nicolau in 2010
- Donated toothbrushes and toothpaste to kindergarten schools
- Univ. of CT School of Medicine Student National Dental Association
- Kindergarten Schools and teachers in S. Nicolau